Designing your new landscape is the first step of a landscape installation. We are able to accommodate the design needs of our customers through our proficiency in the use of landscape design software, or simple sketches done on paper. We take accurate measurements, pictures from different angles, and discuss the ultimate goal or vision with the customer. All levels of input from the customer are accommodated, from specific plant lists generated by the customer to total creative freedom being given to us for the design.
Some of the things we take into account when designing:
- Soil type, moisture level, wind, sunlight, and other site related conditions.
- Zone appropriate planting (will survive our winters).
- Ease of maintenance.
- Mature plant height and width.
- Deer resistance if this is a concern.
- Long lasting bloom times, or interesting foliage colors and textures.
- Multiple seasons of interest (plants that bloom in different seasons, winter interest etc.).
- Budget constraints if the customers wishes to provide them.
- Plant availability (we will not specify a plant that is difficult to source or no longer widely available).
- Suitable alternatives to plants that the customer has requested but will not thrive in the conditions present in the garden or is unavailable.